COVID-19 UPDATE: CSA Continues, But We Are Adapting Accordingly
We wanted to write a quick note to let you know that although our farms and gardens will be closed to the public through this Covid-19 crisis, the CSA will continue!
Outside of closing our growing sites to everyone except staff, we are also taking the following precautions to do everything we can to ensure we are being safe:
1. We are establishing additional handwashing stations throughout the farm and packing area
2. We are requiring all staff to washing their hand at least every 30 min while harvesting and packing CSA
We are requiring staff to wear sanitary gloves and follow all catering hygiene best practices
3. We will be extra diligent when we sanitize all CSA boxes and now sanitize twice 1) as soon as they are returned and 2) just before we use them again
4. All staff that even suspect they have been exposed or feel ill in any way will stay home
5. We are working with our donors to establish a sick leave fund so all staff who need to stay home are fully covered during their time off.
6. We have also given our staff who are most vulnerable to the virus the option to take a paid medical leave so they can do all they can to avoid exposure.
We are asking our CSA members to remember that the food in your boxes comes from the soil and people do harvest and prepare it for you, so please, especially now, make sure to wash your produce so that together with the precautions above we are doing all we can to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
If you have any questions or further concerns please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to delivering your box every Tuesday
Wishing you health, strength, and hope through these strange and trying times,
Your Farm to Table CSA and Urban Tilth Team
About Farm to Table CSA
The Farm to Table CSA is a youth and local resident run non-profit venture. Our mission is to make sure FRESH, locally grown and organic produce is available to all West Contra Costa residents.
Every week receive an approx. 10-lb box of fresh locally grown seasonal fruits and vegetables.
SPRING (February – June)
In the spring expect chard, arugula, beets, lettuces, cilantro, parsley, potatoes, cabbage, carrots, apples, pears and honey.
SUMMER (June – October)
In the summer there will be tomatoes, squash, green beans, peppers, garlic, peaches, apricots, plums and onions.
FALL and WINTER (October – February)
In the fall and winter, collard greens, beets, kales, carrots, potatoes, onions, oranges, apples and winter squash.
Each week the box will be different depending on availability. We grow and seek out the highest quality, best tasting and most affordable sustainably grown and often certified organic produce we can find.
Each week the box will be different depending on availability. We will seek to deliver the highest quality, best tasting and most affordable produce we can find.
Want to learn more about Community Supported Agriculture click here
Urban Tilth’s Farm to Table CSA was made possible by the RSF Finance, the Battery Powered Foundation and Richmond Community Foundation.
The initial pilot project, running from April 2009 – December 2012 was a collaboration between the Richmond Community Foundation, County Supervisor John Gioia’s office, Brentwood Agricultural Land Trust and EcoVillage Farm Learning Center. Many thanks to all of the work that went into to establishing this pathway to deliver healthy local food to our community. We hope that our stewardship of this project going forward honors the vision and effort of those who came before us.